BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone : Budget Mic for V-Loggers and YouTubers
Are you looking for a good budget microphone for your V-logs or YouTube Channel? Or looking for a dedicated budget microphone as voice clarity from mobile or camera is not that good? Then you are in right place. BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier microphone is the answer to all your queries. So let’s check out it in more detail.
BOYA BY-M1 is a Lavalier microphone i.e. a small microphone that can be hung around the neck or clipped to the clothing of the user.
In the Box
In the box we get,
- BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone
- Lapel Clip
- Mic piece foam cover
- 3.5mm to 6.5mm adaptor
- Transducer : Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern : Omni Directional
- Frequency Range : 65Hz ~ 18KHz
- Signal/Noise : 74dB SPL
- Sensitivity : -30dB +/- 3dB / 0dB=1V/Pa, 1kHz
- Output Impedance : 1000 Ohm or less
- Connector : 3.5mm (1/8″)plug
- Battery type : LR44
- Microphone : 18.00mm (H) x 8.30mm (W) x 8.30mm (D)
- Cable : 6m
- Microphone : 2.5g
- Power Module : 18g
You can also watch the Unboxing Video on YouTube
BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone Features
- Clip-On Mic for Smartphones, DSLRs, Camcorders Audio recorders, PC, etc.
- Omnidirectional condenser microphone
- High-quality condenser, ideal for video use
- Low handling noise
- Includes lapel clip, LR44 battery, foam windscreen, 6.5mm (1/4″) adapter
Build & Design
This microphone is well built for its price range. Main USP is its 6m long cable & for someone this might be the negative point as well. If managed well, then there will be no issue with this long cable, else you will end up with cable tangling. You also get a lapel clip and a 3.5mm to 6.5mm adaptor which is also sturdy. To keep all things in one place, you get a pouch as well. The pouch quality is ok.
Voice clarity via this microphone is good. Noise cancellation is also acceptable, but if you have something like an old running overhead Fan in your room, then it may add to the external noise. With our usage, we have observed good noise cancellation in normal conditions. In outdoor scenarios, it is able to manage the wind sound, thus providing good voice clarity. The battery provided is expected to last up to 700 work hours, so depending on your usage, it may last anything between 8 to 10 months.
The official price of BOYA BY-M1 Lavalier Microphone is approx. ₹ 2000/-, but via Amazon, you can get it for around ₹ 799/- only.