WhatsApp rolling out new features for iPhone
With the latest update on the iPhone app store, WhatsApp is rolling out new features for iPhone devices. The update comes with the ability to search messages by date and drag and drop images, videos, and documents from other apps (Safari, Photos, and Files). The update also now allows users to hide their online status.
Users need to update their WhatsApp with the latest version (23.1.75) to use these features. The ability to search messages by date will allow you to have more control over your chat history and the messages shared in the past. This feature can be helpful as it will be easy and quick for a user to jump to a specific date to search for messages.
WhatsApp regularly drops in new features and works on making the messaging platform safe and secure with end-to-end encryption and new security features. Recently, WhatsApp also activated blocking users directly from the chat list or the notification bar itself.
Search by date
- Once in the WhatsApp application, click on a chat you want to search for old messages.
- Open the contact info by clicking on the name of the person.
- A new search option will be visible along with the audio, video, and pay.
- After clicking on the search option, WhatsApp will open your selected chat.
- Now click the icon above the keyboard and search for the date, month, and year you want to search for messages.
Drag and Drop images to share
- Choose the document, image, or video you want to share from the gallery, Safari, or files.
- Long press the document/image/video you selected and swiped your finger onto the screen.
- Now, while holding the picture, use your other hand to close the gallery/Safari/files and open WhatsApp.
- Open the chat you want to share the image with and drop the image in the chat.
Hide online status
- Open WhatsApp and go to settings.
- Click on privacy settings and tap on ‘last seen and online’.
- Choose from the ‘everyone’ or the ‘same as last seen’ option.
Note: If you are not sharing your last seen or online status with anyone, you also won’t be able to see the status of others.
That’s it for this blog. If you like the content, do comment below and share it with your friends.